Blogging and Writing Process

I'm not sure if you will find creating a blog and writing posts in the Michigan Genre Project, but I'm thinking it belongs there. I began reading a few political blogs during the 2008 presidential election and I noticed that I tended not to read long posts or diaries. Some posts were like personal narratives and others were carefully crafted pieces of persuasive writing. Creating a blog and writing posts requires that you read like a writer and think about your audience first. Effective teachers of writing come to know about their own writing process by writing. As teachers, we know writing is good for us but we tend to avoid it, like eating lots of green leafy vegetables or going to the gym. Take a leap with me and start your own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post. Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...