Weeds and Seeds

Dandelions go from bloom to puffy white seed ball in
9 to 15 days.

I love dandelions. But I am hypocrite. I only love them when they are not in my yard. Dandelions are actually considered a beneficial weed. Tell that to my husband. They add minerals and nitrogen to the soil and provide pollen for bees. Dandelions are also edible from root to head.
Dandelion field in an empty lot near my house. The house next door should probably hope
the lot isn't mowed right away. Mowing disperses the seeds even faster.

1 comment:

  1. I love dandelions too---and my husband fights a yearly battle with them! When our sons were young and we were camping, we often fried up dandelion heads as a treat. The kids loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...