When Light, Water, and Air Meet

As I was quickly snapping pictures in the sprinkling rain, I saw several of my neighbors stepping out on their front porches to look for the rainbow. The two little girls that live kitty-corner from me were in their storm soaked yard in bare feet.

"Mommy, come look at the rainbow! Mommy!!!!

From inside my house, I could hear my teenagers talking about how weird I was for taking pictures of a rainbow. My daughter clunked out on the porch, letting the screen door bang behind her.

"What is the big deal Mom, it is just a rainbow. Don't tell me you're going to post that on your blog."

I kept snapping and she kept looking. I sat on the porch and watched the rainbow fade. I smiled to myself knowing that I had grabbed a moment and enjoyed it because I knew it wouldn't last very long. I need to do that more often.

May 23, 2011. The first rainbow I've seen since last summer. Can you see the faint
second rainbow above it? The black dot is a bird.

1 comment:

  1. Rainbows are magical. They do disappear so quickly. I saw a double rainbow on Sunday after the storms and I ran inside for my camera.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...