An Unwanted Sign of Spring

The weather is a perfect 83 degrees with a warm west wind. The trees, covered in ice just a few short weeks ago, are now budding. New growth. Unfortunately, that isn't the only new growth that has occurred in the last few weeks. When I went to try on my spring pants, they wouldn't stretch, zip, or snap around my new growth. No, I am not pregnant. Time to get back to the, dare I say it, gym. It isn't that I hate the gym, I just don't want to go. I'd rather complain and whine and make excuses why I've put on ten pounds. Actually, I think it is more like 12. I'll get on the scale tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. With every season there is that fear when you pull out the clothes for the season, will the zipper close? I know the feeling, I should be out walking, but there are so many more interesting things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute post. Isn't it the truth? Thanks for the giggle today. Best of luck getting to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled. Oh I have been feeling it myself. I do like the pictures of then and now. We had rain and the grass is finally greening up. Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice comparison shots of the branches. 83 degrees is too hot to exercise! I'd whine about that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...