And Then There Was One

Only one left. All the others must have fledged the day before. Tomorrow when I go out to check on the nest, it might be empty. I looked around the yard to see if I could spot a fledging hopping around. Since they leave the nest before they can actually fly, I will keep watching. They must be around somewhere because the parents will continue to feed them until they can forage on their own. Hopefully, the mother robin will want to use the nest again for a second clutch. I wonder if all my observing and picture-taking will discourage her from sticking around.

May 26, 2011. This is one crowded nest!

May 28, 2011. Only one left.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy...as a mother of three (2 out!) I read a lot into this post...how wonderful to have made this journey with this mama bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...