Have Some Cheese with that Whine

I am an early riser. My body likes to go to bed before 9:00, if I can manage it, and get up around 4:00 am. As soon as I get up, I feed my cats and put the water on for the tea. While the tea is brewing in my preferred mug, I scoop the litter and wake up my laptop. I keep all the downstairs lights off except the task light by my computer and the light from the stove hood. As I sip my tea, I check school and home email and Facebook. And I write. Lately, I’ve been writing a lot in my journal. It feels like I’m in a cycle of complaining. Complaining about stupid little crap that doesn’t matter. For example, did my husband have to put the trick-or-treat bowl overflowing with Reece cups, Snickers, and Butterfinger right by my computer. He knows I can't stay out of it. Did both my kids have to lose/destroy their phones on the the same darn day? Really? On the same day? And why does my daughter keep dyeing her hair and piercing things? Geez, Diana, move on already.

This is Roxy, my proofreader (explains a lot), crit partner, and
loyal fan of TWT. She is sick of my whining too.

10 comments:

  1. Now that you've got that out of your system, you can move on. Life happens, so live through the problems to get to the good parts. Was that merlot or chardonnay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quiet time before the storm is precious, isn't it? I actually think it's good to let it all out, then you can move on, as Elsie says. You are a clever word worker-"cheese and whine"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the opposite of me. I am totally a night person. I love to write at night and wake up late! :) That's good that you have been writing a lot. Hopefully if you get the complaining out in your journal, it'll help you feel like you got it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat critic is perfect for listening. Love the picture. My cat sits next to me while I write; it's comforting. Totally get he complaining. Your post is one we can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed that you write even when you are writing complaints. When I am in that mood, I find it difficult to write and that is when I avoid writing altogether. Good for you for working through those complaints and reflecting on it, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use my journal for writing my complaints too--seems to help me get it out of my system. And look! You got a blog post out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm up with you Diane. It's 4:51 am and I've been writing for an hour. I am still jet lagged so maybe it's a bit early. But it feels good. I am waiting for the light now.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just made me feel like I have company, and I'm not the only grump in the world. I like your routine--at least you're writing every morning!! Maybe I need to write my grumps out to get over them sooner. Kittens are good company for writing and the grumps. Thanks. You never know who you are reaching even with the grumps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just think, many mornings we are both sipping tea and writing words. I'm glad you shared the photo & am humbled to see TWT on the computer screen. Thanks for writing (even when you're feeling crabby).
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get up early too - but I don't write. I cogitate and knit. It seems that most of my complaining comes at the end of the day when I'm the most tired - and then I find myself rapping it all out on my steering wheel. Love your kitty critic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...