Digital Conferring Notebook

Thanks to Amy Platt who wrote an awesome post on Two Writing Teachers about her digital conferring notebook. And thanks to Stacey and Ruth for providing a place to have this important conversation. I've been playing with the idea myself using Google Docs together with LiveBinders. The notebook is far from finished but my thinking was to try to create a notebook that mirrored what some of my teachers were using in their classrooms. Many teachers liked The Sisters model of having an appointment calendar as well as a class list to track conferences. They also liked the idea of being able to look at the previous conference note prior to or at the time they were conferring with the student. That is why I placed the Google Doc spreadsheet first so they could look at previous notes before tabbing over to the actual Google form. My thinking was to create a tool that could be used not just for note taking but for planning as well. I was thinking about how cool it would be to be able to provide links to additional resources that could help teachers plan strategy groups for their students. LiveBinder does have an iPad App but I haven't played with that yet. In fact, I probably won't have an iPad to try it out until late in the school year. As I said before, my LiveBinder is a work in progress and far from complete but I am willing to share if you are interested. Click on the icon below to view the binder. Be sure to view the binder in Presentation mode which is a tab located in the lower right hand corner. Any and all ideas are appreciated!


4 comments:

  1. I love the way you've integrated the resource pages! I hadn't thought of that, but it makes so much sense.

    I also like all your dropdown menus, because I think they would save time and make it easier to sort through all that data.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia. I wish I had an iPad to try the Confer app. It looks pretty cool. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh. I agree, the confer app looks neat. Have you seen the google spreadsheet that amanda made for reading, writing and math? She did a nice job but I haven't learned the ins and outs of google docs so may check out the confer app. Hers allow you to check the box and use a menu similar to the confer app.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, I have never seen the live binder before. Thanks for sharing it. Lots of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...